On Tap Today: Do you have a learning mindset?
I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine entailed a lot of miles on my bike around San Diego. What a beautiful weekend!
Hey, I was a guest on Dennis Brown’s Growth Experts podcast last week. We had an excellent conversation about what is required to grow as an individual in the sales profession. And as an entrepreneur. Invest a little time and take a listen. Click here.
Coming Up This Week in the Sales House:
- Tuesday: Live Sales Growth Coaching. 2pm PT/5pm ET. Sales House members, click here to get your login link.
- Wednesday: Live Sales Growth Coaching. 11am PT/2pm ET. Sales House member, click here to get your login link.
- Thursday: Sales Masterclass: Video conversation on “The Science of Success” with Eric Barker, author of the best-selling “Barking Up The Wrong Tree. The Surprising Science Behind Why Everything You Know About Success is (Mostly) Wrong.”
Sales Growth Quote of the Day:
“Change is the end result of all true learning.” – Leo Buscaglia
Do you have a learning mindset?
In her excellent book, Mindset, The New Mindset of Success, Carol Dweck wrote that people possess one of two mindsets: fixed or growth.
If you possess a fixed mindset then you believe your intelligence, abilities and talents are fixed. Meaning that you believe, sadly, that whatever smarts and capabilities you have now is all that you’ll ever have. In short, you believe that your basic intelligence assets cannot be developed or grown.
If you have a growth mindset, then you believe that whatever abilities and talent you have can be developed and expanded through education, hands-on experience and mentoring. You challenge yourself to grow.
You’d like to believe that as a seller you have a growth mindset. After all, you’re putting yourself out there, pushing yourself out of your comfort zone to talk with strangers.
Here’s the problem. And it’s one that I see nearly everyday with sellers of all experience levels.
They believe that they have a growth mindset, but aren’t doing anything to develop their abilities and talents.
Is that you?
Are you ambitious? Do you have goals for your career?
You can’t reach those goals if you aren’t investing your own time to learning expand your intelligence, your talents and capabilities.
I believe that if you truly want to develop a growth mindset you have to first embrace a learning mindset.
There are four key traits of the learning mindset. As I’m prone, to do I’ve combined these into an easily memorable acronym: COPP: Curious; Open-minded; Persistent; Problem-Solver.
Here’s how to identify if you have a learning mindset:
- Curious: Are you passionate about learning? Do you proactively seek to acquire new knowledge every day?
- Open-minded: No matter how skilled you think you are, or much you think you know, are you always looking to learn new ways to improve?
- Persistent: Are you unsatisfied with the first answer to your questions? Do you always push and ask the extra question to learn more?
- Problem-solver: Do you naturally challenge the conventional wisdom? Do you see a prospect as an order or as a problem to be solved?
Not a member yet? Join today and SAVE 33%!
Join The Sales House TODAY at the annual level and receive a FREE physical copy of my new Sales Growth Planner & Journal.
Click here to join —> https://www.thesaleshouse.com/enroll
The Sales Growth Planner is a 12 month planner and journal for B2B sellers and sales leaders.
It’s designed to help you create a realistic and effective Learning Plan to acquire the knowledge and skills you need to help you hit your goals.
My planner is also a learning tool and an accountability tool. You’ll be able to quickly and easily track your progress against your learning and sales goals on a daily and weekly basis.
The Sales Growth Planner will be available for purchase soon for just $27.50.
WARNING: The Price of Membership is Going Up May 1. Enroll today and you’ll never pay more and will be “grandfathered” in for life… even as future member’s pay the higher fee. That’s a savings of 33%!
If you’re thinking about joining your peers in The Sales House, I highly recommend you do it now at the reduced rate of just $365 a year.