Holy Moley (as Victoria loves to say) it was hot this weekend. I’m writing this at 5pm on Sunday in NYC and it’s still 97 degrees out there. One more degree and we’d have a ‘90s boy band.
Note to Sales House members: In this week’s Coaching Session I’ll be presenting a short webinar on disqualification titled…
“How to Disqualify The Losers”
It’s at 2pm PT / 3pm MT / 4pm CT / 5pm ET. As always this session will be recorded and made available in your member dashboard if you can’t attend it live.
Ultimate Business Podcasts for 2019
I’m proud to share that my podcast, Accelerate! with Andy Paul, was just recognized as one of the Ultimate Business Podcasts for 2019.
Be sure to check out this week’s episode, #719. My guest will be Jamie Shanks, CEO of Sales for Life. We’re going to talk about how to take a profit-first approach to growing your sales. Subscribe here.
EXPLAINED: Stop making sales complex
Here’s an example.
I receive questions from sellers all the time about how best to connect and build rapport with buyers.
I turn the question around and ask “Did you ever learn how to make a new friend?”
I’m sure that you know how to make friends. (You do, don’t you?)
Then you know how to connect with a new potential buyer.
Your job in sales is simply to help another human(s) make a purchase decision.
Now, to do that you have to build some level of personal connection and rapport with one or more decision makers.
Which means that when you meet a potential prospect, don’t automatically default to the “salesy” version of you.
That’s rarely a good look for you.
Instead ask yourself what you would do if you’d just met that person in a social setting.
Let’s say you were introduced at a birthday party that your kids were both invited to.
(I’m going to assume that you didn’t role-play “effective opening lines for making new friends” a few dozen times with your significant other before you went to the party…)
Okay, so imagine that you met someone interesting at the party and you think you could become friends.
What do you do next?
Enroll them in an automated 5-email sequence to get them into your Friend Funnel?
Go for the close?
Actually, I don’t have to tell you what to do.
You already know. You’ve probably done it hundreds of times in your life before you got into sales.
📈 Membership Overview 📈
The Sales House is my all-in-one sales
training WINNING program for high-achieving sales individuals and teams…
With membership, you get instant access to an unmatched combination of advanced sales Courses, weekly performance Coaching and 24/7 support via our private Slack Community for sellers committed to their development.
Lock in a low price for life. Claim your spot today and learn from a top sales coach for a full year for less than it’d cost to hire me for an hour.
Here’s Exactly What You Get…
- LIVE Weekly Sales Coaching with Andy Paul: Bring your toughest challenges. I’ll stay until all questions are answered.
- Private Slack Community: Where members have round the clock access to myself and a supportive community to answer your questions and give advice.
- The Foundation of Sales Growth: my 6+ hour BALD™ Bootcamp, with 9 killer modules, this course alone is worth the price of admission!
- SalesCraft™ Academy: continuously updated video tutorials on the art and science of selling. Develop the advanced skills and habits to win more new business FASTER.
- MasterClass series: World-class guest experts stop by to share their expertise about a specific aspect of selling.
- 400+ Hour Library of Sales Instruction: This is my “vault” of resources I’ve gathered during my 40+ years as a sales leader! Including the archive of my top-rated podcast Accelerate!
Plus, join as an annual member and you get these incredible FREE BONUSES: 5-Step Power Qualification micro-course & Excel Qualification Template.
Membership comes with a Risk Free 14-Day Money Back Guarantee. No long-term contracts. Cancel anytime. We are 100% transparent, here to serve you and help you win more business!
Have any questions? Just reply to this email. I read every one.