‘Selling is hard.’
‘Selling is lonely.’
It’s the plaint of sellers all over.
And, rightly so.
It calls to mind the song from famous Broadway musical Annie titled “It’s the Hard Knock Life.”
“It’s a hard knock life for us, It’s a hard knock life for us.
‘Stead of treated, we get tricked!
’Stead of kisses, we get kicked!”
Always has been. Always will.
If feels like:
– You perform under a microscope
– Every move you make is monitored
– You were trained. Yet feel ill-prepared
– You’re pitted against your peers
– Your targets are arbitrary
– Every 30 days the clock starts at Zero all over again
– Your buyers are wary
– They’re often opaque
– Their timeframes don’t align with month-end
– Your manager is antsy
– Your manager lacks experience to help you
– Your manager doesn’t really have your back
– Your VP says: “What doesn’t kill you, will make you stronger”
– The reality: “What doesn’t kill you, will try again tomorrow”
If this is what sales feels like for you, perhaps it’s time for a change.
You don’t have to sell alone.
I’ve got your back.
I’ll help you learn to develop your own selling style.
A style that helps you win more by making you feel more effective, authentic and confident.
While sales may never be easy, it will make more sense to you as you gain experience. And perspective.
You’ll be better able to anticipate what you need to do in any given situation.
To get to that point you have to keep learning everything you can about sales, your buyers and the solutions you sell.
I’ve got your back on that too.